"Thinking of volunteering in a flexible program that fits your schedule?"
M-YES Inc. currently has mentors in the following fields: teaching, law, psychology, IT, art, nursing, social work, accounting, customer service and administration. All other vocations are welcome.
Anyone can be a mentor but not everyone can be a mentor. The attributes of a mentor among others are:
- Willing listener;
- Someone who is reliable and is able to make time;
- Dynamic and personable;
- Happy to see others succeed;
- Friendly and non-judgmental;
- Is capable of setting goals or can learn how to do so;
- Is disciplined and may or may not have prior youth work experience;
- Can commit 1-2 hours per week to see the youth over a period of 6 months to 1 year;
- Positive attitude towards life; and
- Willing to undergo our suitability screening to work with children.