Thanks for being part of this great cause for assisting vulnerable youths take hold of their destiny through the simple gesture of mentoring.
The photo above represents the story of my life. That's my family standing by me at my graduation to Juris Doctor in 2015. The photo reminds me of what hopes migrants bring to Australia and that our children who work hard may one day also grow to an Australia they can enjoy free from discrimination. Most importantly, an Australia they love enough to die for. This is why I believe in mentoring and in what we can achieve together.
Last year, we witnessed many transformations and broke new ground:
- We successfully negotiated a tender with Logan City Council for a home for M-YES Inc at 4 Ponderosa St. Hillcrest now on the verge of being reconditioned for entry and service to the community;
- We successfully carried through several mentor and mentee relationships with internal funding from M-YES Inc and our members;
- We have brokered relationships with corporate stakeholders and for the first time, we delivered our mentor training package on a fee for service arrangement with the largest provider of government multicultural services;
- We also successfully recruited a new Training Manager and Business Manager as well as a PR Manager;
- We have successfully partnered with the Logan City Council and the Scanlon Foundation to deliver our programs in 2016;
- We have trained several new mentors to join up the 2016 cycle.
In essence, M-YES Inc has become a vehicle for effecting positive change and for ensuring multicultural youths have a voice in our community and can play a part in the future of Australia. When I think about all the talk about the disease of domestic violence, I can foresee how we could tackle it by teaching boys to become responsible men through mentoring. Role models can instil sound moral and respectful behaviours in our young people.
I have seen some exciting and talented people signing up to join our small family and soon, you will hear more from our Program Manager Jennifer Bishop and our Training Coordinator Deb Findlay.
For this and many other great things we have achieved with your support, I would like to say THANK YOU for believing and supporting us as your charity of choice.
Wishing you a prosperous 2016.